Saturday, April 26, 2008

So Long Scooter, Hello Vivian

So in other major world news, I sold my beloved scooter so I could purchase a car. A 1975 Mercedes 280 named Vivian, to be precise. She also goes by "The Benz." A lady at my work was going to sell this off cheap, and I couldn't resist. So as much as I loved my scooter, I decided this was a slightly more practical commuter solution. I can drive it in the rain and do other useful things such as picking up my shirts from the cleaners. It definitely wouldn't be a dependable long-commuter car, but for tooling around the greater La Jolla/UTC area, she will suit me just fine. For a 1975, it's a pretty smooth running ride. Here she is in all her glory...



























The interior is a little more rough than the exterior, but still not in bad shape. And the seat covers alone make up for that. Also, as you can see, it apparently comes with an inherited membership in the St. Jude Travel Club, so, you know, that's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Jerry, you updated your blog!!! I'm so excited!So did you name her Vivian, or did she come with the name? It suits her.
Also, I think you should post the gender shot... it's too funny!
Miss you bro....