Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cohen's First Game...

And I've got the pictures to prove it! Oh, and we were there too, of course. Although the gentleman over my left shoulder does not seem very approving our presence.
















And in spite of the M's best efforts, (Silva pitching, Vidro in the lineup, etc.) they actually won! 4-2! And thus continues my streak of never having attended a game that they lost. This all happened a couple weekends ago - we went with Mom and Bill and Adam and Shonna. Petco really is a nice park, it was a beautiful day, I had hotdogs and beer, and the M's won. What more can you ask for in life? Here are a few more pics...

Jeremy Reed getting to know some Padres fans...
("Hey, death-metal-tshirt-dude...nice to meet you.")

















Ichiro sizing up the pitcher...
(who just happened to be Unnecessary Mariners Castoff Cha Sung Baek)

















Adrian Beltre - probably getting ready to do something totally awesome, as usual...
(While JR casually checks out his butt - "Yeah, he must work out!")

















And for the sake of my wife, her favorite old bald guy, Rauuuuuuul.
(He's checking in for the signs, which probably included something along the lines of "Just try to hit a home run. Cause, you know, Vidro's batting behind you...Sooo it doesn't really matter if you get on base.")

















So there you have it - Fun times at Petco Park. I'm sure Cohen will cherish the memory.

















DISCLAIMER: I know this is retarded, but I'm kind of anal about these things... My Mac has a 17" widescreen, so when I post pictures within text on my blog, I can either format it so it looks right on my computer, but will have extra long gaps between the pics and text on regular monitors; or I can post it as is, and on a widescreen monitor, the text will wrap the pics in funny places and generally look funky and wrong. Either way bothers me, but should you encounter one of these views, know that it is not because I'm an idiot. (Not for that reason, at least.) ALSO, because I still don't have Photoshop at home, and because I'm too lazy to learn any other program right now, the pics I post are straight from my camera, and generally semi-large files. So when you click on one for a bigger view...well, you really get a bigger view. Again, not stupidity in this case, just laziness. Please forgive me, and enjoy nonetheless.

4 comments:

Lani said...

Cohen looks like he had a great time! :>P

Oh, and you guys do too.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry...day after tomorrow I will be at Petco watching the Braves! I am sure they will lose, continuing their streak for all of the games I have attended. (this will be my second brave's game) But I am looking forward to going none the less.

I am also looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful wife again...and Cohen too of course. :)

Love,
Aunt Kathy

Nikky said...

Jer, Sounds like a good way to start out your parenting! :) I'm sure Cohen will thank you for that later.

When is he due to arrive? It's coming soon isn't it?

Jerry said...

Yeah, less than 4 weeks...

Although I'm in denial at this point. I'm pretty sure my wife is just gonna stay this way forever.