Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Additions to The Fam...

No, not those kind of additions...In fact, Jess has decided to go back to school for a little bit starting in January (working towards a child development degree) so those kind of "additions" will be put off for a little while longer...For now we will stick with our beta fish, Turbo The Survivor. (So monikered because "Turbo" fits his personality, and "The Survivor" as a tribute to when we went to Idaho and left him unattended for 10 days in our hot apartment with no AC...) Anyway...I did however make a couple of rather expensive purchases lately, the first of which being my lovely new scooter... It's a little 50cc 2002 Yamaha Vino - I was going to put this off, but I found a good deal and didn't want to look around for another six months. She's not perfect, but it sure beats walking a mile and a half to work every day. I'm open to name sugggestions, so far I'm thinking of going with "Gomer." Aaaaand as a necessity for our Israel trip, I also bought this new camera. It's a Fuji s6000 and it rocks. And I'm not even totally sure how to use it yet, but it rocks. So, speaking of our Israel trip...we're leaving tomorrow! Holy crap! (actually today...I need to get up in 5 1/2 hrs, so I should probably go to bed...) I worked like 13 hours today trying to get ready, and just now finished packing. Craziness. Well, providing I don't get blown up by any muslims, and I will definitely post some pics when I get back. Cheers!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jesse is horrifically jealous. This was unmerciful of you. ;) (He claims I won't let him buy one, but I simple remind him helpfully that we don't have a great place to store it... and it rains half the year here, making scooters really not ideal)
Hope you guys have a great time in Israel. That makes me horrifically jealous. :)

The Campbells said...

I wish we had a Mr. Gaine's The Surviver, all we have is a Mr. Gaines memorial.

I like your scooter, I suppoise i'm a bit late on name suggestions, but you could name him after me. "Scott the scooter". My nicknam is scooter.