Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Random Thoughts, Infinite Sadness, and Air Travel

Well, the fires here are dying out, and things are getting back to normal. We saw Air Force One fly by the office last Thursday when Bush was touring the area. That was pretty cool. Things are busy at work...we are still wrapping up a big remodel and getting ready for all sorts of year end rush projects. I have my own (smallwindowless) office now, so that's cool too. I was somewhat bummed to see the BoSox sweep the World Series...I was mildly hoping that the Rockies would take it. I would have at least liked to see a close series. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for the Mariners to make it next October. The real sadness that has befallen me lately however is due to my sister and bro in law. In what seemed like a hasty decision to outside eyes, they announced they were packing it up and moving back to Idaho in two weeks. Two weeks. Can you believe it? I was shocked and dismayed. That pretty much reduces my social circle by approximately 50%. (I suppose I should do something about that...) They knew they wanted to move back, and they just decided it would be better to do it now - before Brady invested alot of time and money into his photography business down here and then had to cut ties later. So they're going to stay in my Grandparent's house for a few months (Gma and Gpa are down here for the winter) and then I'm sure they will find a nice, newer house that's five times the size of our apartment for about half as much...*sigh*...nothing like that North Idaho Cost of Living. The only upside of the situation for me is that Jess and I are going to help drive them up there (gotta love roadtrips) and I should have at least one day in CDA to see some friends before I fly back. We're leaving on the 10th and should get up there late on the 11th. Jess is staying through the end of that week with her parents, so she's happy about that. I think we snagged the last of the cheap flights before the holiday weekend. I'm telling you, ExpressJet is the bomb diggity. Non-stop Spokane to San Diego - flight time under 2.5 hours - with taxes and fees...$80. Freaking crazy. Everyone in the Pacific NW needs to come visit me. Everybody.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry. Just wanted to say hey...so...hey. I have enjoyed keeping up with you guys and Lani and Brady via your blogs. I miss you guys.

Love,
Aunt Kathy

Jesse said...

We are going to be in Spokane that same weekend. Maybe we can get together.

The Campbells said...

Hi Jerry, I found you. Kinda late. Well I'm going to look at your blog now.. Bye.
PS. Ours is here:
www.djsacampbells.blogspot.com

Scott

slightlee said...

maybe you should just do what brady is doing, he is kinda smarter than you.

Lani said...

My dear, wonderful brother! I am going to miss you so very very much. Thankyou so much for helping us move--there's simply no way your pregnant, tired sister could have driven all that way by herself. I can't wait for you guys to move back to be with us. What will we do without thursday night 'Office' parties?
I miss you already.........

Jerry said...

tyler...there is no way brady is smarter than me. oh, and hello there to aunt kathy...haven't seen you guys since 1902.